The Residence Inn pet friendly hotel by Marriott offers extended stays suites with separate areas for sleeping, living & eating with a fully-equipped kitchen. Enjoy free daily hot breakfast, internet access, cable TV with HBO, luxury bedding & fireplace.
Lawrence Massachusetts is located 25 miles north of Boston just off of Route 495. Built in the 1840's and planned as the nation's first industrial city and testimony to this concept are the massive mill buildings that line the Merrimack River, the striking clock and bell towers and the awesome Great Stone Dam.
The strength of the harnessed Merrimack River and its canals served to fuel the Lawrence mills that produced textiles for the American and European markets. The city was a world leader in production of cotton and woolen textiles by the early 20th century.
Lawrence has always been a multi ethnic and multi cultural city with a high proportion of foreign born residents thereby giving it the name "The Immigrant City". Waves if immigrants coming to Lawrence to work in the mills beginning in the Late 1800's and continuing to the present day have made Lawrence truly a home to everyone,
Today, Lawrence remains an urban center in which 35% of its economy is still based of manufacture. The city is still a hub of textile, apparel and shoe companies such as Malden Mills, KGR, Grieco Brothers, New Balance and Cardinal Shoe. Combined with its affordable space and convenient location, newer companies in technology, health care, and manufacturing have chosen to locate in Lawrence.
Lawrence offers recreational, historical and cultural attractions along with people committed to living and working in a safe environment. The city boasts sailing on the Merrimack, Heritage State Park, art exhibitions and a wide range of cultural activities such as ethnic festivals that celebrate Lawrence's diversity and rich heritage.
with Stomping Melvin Kip Winger, the multi-platinum recording artist, may be known best for his success with Winger and his early days as a bass player with Alice Cooper. However the range and scope of his musical journey can be more fully experienced in his solo albums, This Conversation Seems Like A Dream, Songs From The Ocean Floor, From The Moon To The Sun and his most recent composition Ghosts for string orchestra, piano and harp.In 1995, after his hugely successful run with Winger, Kip built a studio in the hills of Santa Fe, New Mexico and started writing and producing music without limits. "It was incredibly freeing to connect to music without any preconceived ideas about what it needed to be or what niche it needed to fill." It is in Kip's solo work that he has been able to exercise the breadth of his talents as a composer. London's Classic Rock Magazine called him "one of the most gifted composers and arrangers in the rock genre" and praised his "compulsion to experiment."Over the years, Kip has continued to pursue his interest in composition. He patterned his course of study after the intensive one-on-one relationships favored by many composers. He sought out such masters as Edgar Grana, who holds a Masters from Juilliard and currently teaches composition at the School of Visual Arts in New York City; University of New Mexico Professor of Theory and Composition, Richard Hermann; and Professor Michael Kurek from the Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt University. Professor Kurek has praised him for his "great ear and innate musical sensitivity" resulting in "beautifully crafted phrases and nuance."Aside from his powerful solo acoustic shows and touring with Winger, Kip was the lead singer for the Alan Parsons Live Project. He has performed or recorded with the likes of Alice Cooper, Mark Farner, Roger Daltrey, Neal Schon and Bob Dylan.The fifth studio album, KARMA by Winger, was released in November 2009 and made the top 10 best lists of 2009 in virtually every rock website and magazine.The Tucson Symphony Orchestra became the first orchestra to perform a C F Kip Winger composition with the world premiere of Ghosts in the MasterWorks Chamber Orchestra Series in the 2009/10 season. The San Francisco Ballet's debut of Ghosts in February, 2010 will feature the collaborative work between world-renowned choreographer Christopher Wheeldon and Winger.
The Bread and Roses Heritage Festival is a FREE, open air, labor and social justice event, on the Campagnone (North) Common in Lawrence, from 12-6PM.
Enjoy a day of musical, dance, and theatrical performances from a range of cultures. This is the region's only true Labor Day festival. The day is full of fun, music, dancing, delicious food, helpful resources, and more!
PREVIEW OF PERFORMER LIST
- Angkor Dance Troupe: Cambodian performance art.
- Squeezebox Stompers: 7 man band. Blues, Cajun, Zydeco, and Americana music.
- Bread & Puppet Theater: One of the oldest, nonprofit, self-supporting theatrical companies in the country.
- Si Kahn: American activist, singer-songwriter. Folk music.
And more to be announced periodically...
NEW THIS YEAR
- Commemoration Ceremony at the 1912 Textile Workers' Strikers' Monument across from City Hall.
- Lawrence History Live: Historians, writers, union representatives, artists and relatives of families linked to strikers present their insights into Lawrence's history in a centrally located tent. Lawrence History Live! Also includes a segment on present-day issues facing Lawrences and the nations workers. Festival visitors are encouraged to participate and contribute their views in a question-and-answer format.
- Beehive Collective: The Beehive Design Collective is a wildly motivated, all-volunteer, activist arts collective dedicated to cross-pollinating the grassroots by creating collaborative, anti-copyright images for use as educational and organizing tools. They work as word-to-image translators of complex global stories, shared with them through conversations with affected communities. (beehivecollective.org)
- Community Corner: In tradition of the labor and civil rights movements, we are providing a platform, a soap box, open to all, to step up and have a voice.
- Workshop Tent: The goal of these workshops are to provide new perspectives and strategies to address the problems that we face every day including; access to resources, social sustainability, economic alternatives, communication methods, education efforts, and more.
- Family Activities: Food, walking and trolley tours, Kidz Zone with arts and crafts, story teller, and pony rides.
breadandrosesheritage.org | facebook.com/BRHFestival | Twitter: @1912BreadRoses
Oct. 17, 2015 Lugar: Iglesia Evangelica Hispana 61A Warren St Lawrence, MA 01840 ---------------------- Horario: Conferencia 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Almuerzo para Pastores/Lideres 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Noche de Adoración 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM ---------------------- Costos: $30/Persona (Incluye Conferencia y Noche De Adoracion) -- Dia del evento sera $35 Almuerzo para Pastores y Lideres (Preguntas y Respuesta) $10 Noche De Adoracion: $5
When: Oct 17, 2015 8 AM in Lawrence, Massachusetts (Sat, 17 Oct 2015 08 )
French Montana Live Concert Centro Nightclub, Lawrence MA 01840 Performing all hits and new smash singles, Bad Bitch ft Jeremih & Off the Rip ft. Chinx Drugs Doors open at 9:00 pm FAQs Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event? 21+ Dress Code? - No Sweat Pants - No Baggy jeans - No Hoodies Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? BigNameEntertainment@gmail.com What is the refund policy? Tickets are non refundable. Tickets will only be refunded in there is a show cancelation. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? Yes.
Wump Mucket Puppets are bringing their zany puppet show to Boston. The puppet troupe performs its new skit, Super Space Princess and the Pirates from Zwonk. This original sci-fi fairy tale tells the story of G'Wizzl, an alien princess, who finds her own super power to stop space pirates from raiding her uncle's palace. The puppet show includes catchy original songs, cheesy jokes, and silliness with a capital S.
When: Aug 7, 2015 11 AM in Lawrence, Massachusetts Cost: $10/Person (Fri, 07 Aug 2015 11 )
One recommendation per person, please enter your email and press the OK button below. Then check your email to make your recommendation. Your email is required for verification purposes only and will not be made public.